So yesterday, K. and I went and did a photo shoot for Cloud Magic merchandise. It was pretty fun. Hopefully, I will be able to post some of the pictures. If not, I will definitely post the link to the merchandise page when I have it.
Also, I am now a member of modelmanagement.com. Check out my profile:
My friend Dave is in an amazing band called Cloud Magic. They play psychedelic, jam band, folksy rock music that is just amazing and inspiring. Last night, Dave brought over some great band merchandise for us to check out and whatnot, and my roommate K. bought me a sweet, red Cloud Magic t-shirt, which I then molded into a fun, funky, Bohemian outfit. It just goes to show that you can create a great outfit with any new element that you introduce to your wardrobe.
For my outfit, I paired my great Cloud Magic t-shirt with a sweet, creamy sweater from Goodwill. I also put it together with a long brown skirt from JC Penney I believe. Then I accessorized with some gold, hoop earrings that used to be my mom's (and maybe Grandma's?), the hat that belongs to K., white knee socks, brown boots, and a little make-up. I think it turned out pretty nicely. What do you think?
My roommate K. and I happen to both have very creative, eclectic, artistic wardrobes. So for the first post on the Guide to Fashion, I thought, who better to showcase than us?!
So here we are, sporting some fun Boho-Hippie fashions. I am wearing a hat of K.'s, I have newly dyed and cut hair, a white tank top, the sweater Will got me for Christmas, my peace sign necklace from the Hispanic Festival in Grand Rapids, the multi-layered necklace my Grandma gave me for Christmas, and (not shown): earrings, black skinny jeans, fuzzy socks, and slouchy, black ankle boots. Pretty fun!
K. is wearing some fun stuff as well. She is wearing a hat she inherited from her Grandmother, a long sleeve sweater, a short sleeve sweater, black, handmade, handwarmers from her mom that she got for Christmas, jeans, and a tall, brown boot with faux fur lining and embellishment.
So what do these pictures teach us about Bohemian Style?
1. Hats are fun, funky, groovy, and stylish... as long as you find the right hat for you!
2. Sweaters are a staple for any Bohemian/Hippie type who lives in places with cold weather. We live in Michigan... we need to stay warm, especially since we like to be outdoors so much. The best sweaters to get are ones with innovative designs, patterns, colors, and/or materials, ones from Goodwill, Salvation Army, or Plato's Closet, and ones that are given to you as gifts or handmade.
3. Boots are a big part of a Bohemian/Hippie/Free-Spirit's wardrobe. Ugg-like boots, cowboy boots, and other fashionable boots can be worn year-round. Convenient to slip on, warm, durable, and stylish... boots are a good investment for the Modern Bohemian.
4. Big, chunky, crazy jewelry. Take a cue from my layered necklace and go a little crazy with your jewelry. Get big pieces with cool accents and designs, wear large, gaudy, costume jewelry, or make your own personalized jewelry.
5. Layer, layer, layer.
6. Rock it out with confidence! As long as you are feeling good about it, it doesn't matter what others think. Be strong in your appearance and in your fashion choices and not only will people respond in a positive manner, but some people will even look to you as a fashion icon or trendsetter and want to dress like you!